Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New York City Part 1

You can tell by the title of my post that there will be multiple exciting post about our recent trip to New York City. Matthew literally surprised me with a just because trip in January and told me he had been planning a trip to NY but needed to tell me so I could fill in all the important details like (packing for the whole family, when to go, where to stay ect.) he knew I would be much happier if I had a say in the details. Well, initially we were going to go for Presidents day weekend but figured it would be way to cold in February so we pushed it back a little further and decided to go on our anniversary weekend in April. I am happy to announce it was a fantastic trip. We had several mishaps but overall I am so happy I got to experience NY with my family. Matthew and I liked it so much we even thought about the possibility of us living there .. Just Kidding! I think we like our space to much and if we think the cost of living in the Washington D.C. area is to much imagine NY. 

We started most mornings with New York bagels, which are amazing!!! 

Then walked through Central Park to walk off our yummy breakfast and make room for lunch. I love this photo of Lady and her dada walking through Central Park. The park was beautiful and although there are 360 degree views of city skyline you feel like you are in another town.


My two absolute favorite things we did in NY besides eating and shopping were seeing Lady Liberty and....



Walking the Brooklyn Bridge. Walking on the bridge you kinda feel part pirate because of the wooden planks and part invincible. I felt like I was walking on the city.


We walked the Brooklyn Bridge to get to one of the best pizzerias in NY if not the best called Grimalds's. The story goes that Frank Sinatra loved this pizza so much he would fly pizza's from NY to Las Vegas where he would do nightly shows. 



Then after we were done eating we walked from Brooklyn to Times Square for reportedly the Best Cheesecake in NY. First, you might ask why in the world would you walk from Brooklyn to Times Sq? For fun. We really experienced Manhattan and got to walk through all the neighborhoods. Soho, Noho, Tribeca, Canal st., Times sq. it was a great experience that I will never forget.









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...