Sunday, January 16, 2011

Psalm 2:8

Ever since I can remember I have wanted to have a HUGE family. God placed in my heart the desire to adopt children from anywhere and everywhere. I have always joked with friends and family that I want 7 kids they always look at Matthew and say are you on board with this?  We have talked about it and he agreed the day he said "I do" to join me on my crazy adventures. That including lots of kids, missions and loving on the lost and the hurting. 


I visited this blog today and I have cried three times while reading her post. Reading Joy Portis's adoption stories and how God has used her and her family to love on orphans of the nations is amazing. The Portis Family at Blessed have a family of 9 and have adopted 4 children and are fostering a little boy. On there family website they have a beautiful story about a little child trying to save a starfish. 


Star Fish Poem

As I walked along the seashore
This young boy greated me.
He was tossing stranded starfish
Back to the deep blue sea.
I said, "Tell me why you bother,
Why you waste your time this way.
There's a million stranded starfish
Does it matter, anyway?"

And he said, "It matters to this one.
It deserves a chance to grow.
It matters to this one.
I can't save them all I know.
But it matters to this one,
I'll return it to the sea.
It matters to this one,
And it matters to me."

-- Anonymous



Matthew shared this poem with me a few years ago and I loved it so much that I said one day when God has me running a foundation I will name it the Starfish Foundation. Whether adopting children or  going on a mission trip or trying to free woman out of sex slavery you may not be able to free them all but its about the one you are able to save. 


God just put this scripture in my heart. 


Psalm 2:8


8 Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance,
   the ends of the earth your possession.



I believe this to be a little whisper from God saying just ask me and I will give you children from all nations to love and care for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...