Thursday, July 3, 2014

Box Day/ Sonlight / Homeschooling

It's official, today is our big announcement.... we are homeschooling!! This may not come as a surprise to many of you  mama bear because I have talked about homeschooling even before Matthew and I started having kids. It was my way of prepping hubby. But no prep needed he has always been on board from the beginning to homeschool. Especially when we realize all the gaps we have in our own education. Over the years our reasons have evolved as to why we have chosen to home educate our kiddos. In the beginning it was always the thought of a traditional classroom not tying us down and being able to travel and do mission work and also homeschooling our kids. Well, here we are many years later and seems this is still true and one of our reasons. Other reasons why we have chosen to homeschool, to teach our children to be free thinkers, to edge against the grain, to pioneer a new generation, religious reasons, freedom, and I am truthfully not ready to send my four year old out into the world. Honestly I don't know what the future holds and who knows my kids may one day attend public school but for right now this is our chosen way of life. I am really excited and nervous to start this journey but I remember, I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13


There is a scripture that I love
Remember God's Words
18"You shall therefore impress these words of mine on your heart and on your soul; and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.19"You shall teach them to your sons, talking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road and when you lie down and when you rise up. 20"You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates,…

Deuteronomy 11:18-20

I pray that in these foundational years for Ladybird and Zeke Bear that we teach them to love God with all their hearts and to love their neighbors as themselves. To know God's character and to develop their own character. This is the most important thing to Matthew and I. 




Our "box day" as Sonlight refers to it is where you receive your curriculum and the whole family goes through it and everyone gets excited about the upcoming school year. Although you can't tell by the photo Ladybird is really excited about doing school at home. She had a fever here and was not feeling well. In fact while going through ALL the books she fell asleep. 



Bear was totally into it he helped bring all the books out and went through them with me.





Please pray for us as we start this journey we will need it. 

Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...