Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jane Austen


I have always wanted to read some of Jane Austen's novels. I have seen bits and pieces of Pride and Prejudice the movie with Keira Knightley and have since wanted to read the book. Well, thanks to my handy dandy iPhone4 and the wonderful world of apps I downloaded the Kindle and got Pride and Prejudice for free. I finished the book in 5 days it was great and now I dream of living in that era. Woman were so proper and poised, well, maybe not Elizabeth Bennett who frequently spoke her mind she would fit well in the 21st century.


One of my favorite childhood movies is The Secret Garden and when I found out I was having a girl I wanted to decorate her room like a garden with a gate and red robin and a key. Its not quite decorated like a garden but we came close and I think it came out even better (picture's of her room are for another day when I have a camera nice enough to do it justice) 
A bird mobile my talented grandmother made for LadyBird

Well, to much surprise it actually is a book! And guess what I am half way through in just three days? That's right... The Secret Garden. 



Once I am done reading it I can't wait to watch it again. I have the movie in my closet I had purchased it a couple of years ago with the movie The Little Princess which is also another favorite of mine.

I am still nursing lady and so I have a few times a day to turn on my phone and read. I was never able to do that before because I could not hold the book and her at the same time plus its dark when its time for night time nurse. The phone/kindle is perfect for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...