Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fresh Start

OK, so I am attempting this blog thing again. This time I am totally ready and amped to start blogging about my adventures into refurbishing furniture. I have been inspired by many fellow bloggers who recycle and refurbish furniture. Over the past several weeks I gave been blogger stalking and thought maybe I could do this?! I wanted to tie in this new adventure into something that I have a deep burning passion for, Human Trafficking. 


Human Trafficking also known as Modern Day Slavery is the second largest and fastest growing criminal industry in the world, just behind illegal drugs. There are 27 million slaves in the world today. The U.S. State Department estimates that 14,500 to 17,500 foreign nationals are trafficked into the U.S. annually. That number does not include how may U.S. citizens are trafficked or at risk for being trafficked in the United States.


The plan is to refurbish pieces of great solid furniture and then sell and the proceeds will go to an organization that works with victims of human trafficking.


I already have two pieces to work with cant wait to show you before and after photos. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...